“My Mexican grandmother would use leftover corn tortilla chips in our meatloaf and everyone loved it! They all wanted seconds along with the recipe. A delicious Mexican-American comfort food.”
Mexican Taco MeatloafCourse: main
1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
1 cup crushed tortilla chips
3/4 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
1 small onion, chopped
1 (1 ounce) packet taco seasoning mix
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup mild red taco sauce, or more to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Thoroughly combine beef, tortilla chips, pepper Jack cheese, onion, and taco seasoning in a bowl.
- Whisk eggs, milk, and taco sauce together in a separate bowl. Add to meat mixture and stir until well combined.
- Press mixture into a 9×5-inch loaf pan and top with a strip of taco sauce down the center.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cooked through and browned on top, 45 to 60 minutes.